ChallengesExperts share their insights in diagnosing and managing rare conditions
- The Current State of Rett Syndrome
Daniel Glaze, Medical Director of the Blue Bird Circle Rett Center and a Professor in the Departments of Pediatrics and Neurology at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, discusses the current state of Rett Syndrome.
- Sanfilippo Syndrome (MPS III) Overview
Heather A. Lau, MD, Director, Lysosomal Storage Disease Program at NYU Langone in New York City discusses Mucopolysaccharidosis type III (MPS III), also known as Sanfilippo syndrome.
- FDA Approves Romiplostim for Children With Immune Thrombocytopenia
The FDA approved romiplostim for treatment of pediatric patients with immune thrombocytopenia.
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes Overview and Personalized Prediction Model for Patients
Aziz Nazha, MD of Cleveland Clinic sat down with CheckRare to provide an overview of myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS), a group of blood disorders characterized by abnormal development of blood cells within the bone marrow.
- Current State of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and Future Considerations
Jennifer McNary, Rare Disease Advocate, explains why there is so much interest in Duchenne muscular dystrophy and some of the future considerations for this rare diease.
- Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (vEDS)
William T. Andrews, MD, FACP, Chief Medical Officer of Acer Therapeutics discusses his company’s focus on Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (vEDS), an inherited connective tissue disorder that is caused by defects in a protein called collagen.
- New Treatment Option for Primary Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis
Michael Jordan, MD, a physician-scientist in the division of Bone Marrow Transplantation and Immune Deficiency at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center HLH Center of Excellence, discusses primary hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) and the phase 2/3 clinical trial presented at the American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting in San Diego.
- American Society of Hematology Conference Coverage
Sickle Cell Disease: Overview and Emerging Stem Cell Transplant Therapy Hemophilia: Updated Positive Interim Data from Phase 2/3 Study of Marzeptacog Alfa Myelodysplastic Syndromes Overview and Personalized Prediction Model for Patients iPATH Study: Ke …
- ASH ’18: Management of Hematologic Diseases With Cellular and Immunotherapies
Mohamad Mohty, MD, discusses the management of hematologic diseases with cellular and immune therapies such as Chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cells, which have recently emerged as a novel therapeutic approach, yielding complete responses even in heavily pretreated patients with leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma.
- FDA Approves First Treatment for Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome
Some long-awaited good news arrived for the Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic syndrome (LEMS) community this week as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved Firdapse (amifampridine) tablets for the treatment of LEMS in adults.