Clinical TrialsInformation and insight on the latest clinical trials
- Trial Shows Adding Chemotherapy Helps Kids Live With Pulmonary Vein Stenosis
Pulmonary vein stenosis (PVS) is a rare disease in which abnormal cells build up inside the veins responsible for carrying oxygen-rich blood from the lungs to the heart.
- FDA Votes in Favor of Familial Chylomicronemia Syndrome Treatment
An FDA advisory committee voted to recommend the approval of volanesorsen (Waylivra), an RNAi drug for rare lipid disorder familial chylomicronemia syndrome (FCS).
- Overview of Savara Pharmaceutical’s Clinical Trial Programs
Rob Neville of Savara Pharmaceuticals provides an overview of his company’s Molgradex (for PAP and NTM lung infection) and AeroVanc (an inhaled formulation of vancomycin, for the treatment of persistent methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, or MRSA, lung infection in cystic fibrosis)
- FDA Approves Combination Therapy for Melanoma Mutation
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the combination of dabrafenib (Tafinlar) and trametinib (Mekinist) for the adjuvant treatment of patients with resected, stage III melanoma with BRAFV600 mutations. The combination is already approve …
- Fostamatinib Phase 3 Data Published in American Journal of Hematology
Positive results from the Fostamatinib in Thrombocytopenia (FIT) Phase 3 clinical program of fostamatinib disodium hexahydrate (Tavalisse) were published in the American Journal of Hematology this week for the treatment of adults with chronic immune th …
- Developing Clinical Trials for Rett Syndrome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nr-uMs3v8w Stefan Weber, CEO of Newron Pharmaceuticals discusses his company’s clinical trial strategy for developing drugs for Rett Syndrome. Newron is focused on the development of novel therapies for patients …
- Clinical Studies of Lenabasum for Systemic Sclerosis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MWMYrmyT8U Yuval Cohen, PhD, CEO of Corbus discusses current clinical trials of lenabasum for systemic sclerosis, dermatomyositis, systemic lupus erythematosus, and cystic fibrosis. Lenabasum is a synthetic, oral …
- Jan-Anders Karlsson Discusses Verona Pharma’s Clinical Trials for Cystic Fibrosis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sid3BGs7EEU&t=19s Jan-Anders Karlsson discusses Verona Pharma’s lead candidate, RPL554, as a potential therapy for cystic fibrosis (CF). Verona Pharma is currently undertaking a comprehensive Phase 2 clinical trial p …
- Overview of AzurRx Clinical Trials and Milestones for 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdBplQ9Hyis Thijs Spoor, President of AzurRx, provides an overview of his company’s clinical trial programs, including some key milestones for 2018.
- Patients at the Center of the Drug Development Process
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlxemk65rR0 Dr. John Maraganore, CEO of Alnylam Pharmaceuticals discusses how patients have become central to the drug development process.