Clinical TrialsInformation and insight on the latest clinical trials
- The Current State of Rett Syndrome
Daniel Glaze, Medical Director of the Blue Bird Circle Rett Center and a Professor in the Departments of Pediatrics and Neurology at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, discusses the current state of Rett Syndrome.
- The Role of MEK Inhibitors in NF1
Annette Bakker, PhD, President and Chief Scientific Officer, of the Children’s Tumor Foundation discusses neurofibromatosis, also known as NF, is a genetic disorder that affects 1 in every 3,000 people. There are three types of NF: NF1, NF2, and schwannomatosis.
- Hemophilia: Updated Positive Interim Data from Phase 2/3 Study of Marzeptacog Alfa
Dr. Howard Levy, Chief Medical Officer of Catalyst Biosciences discusses hemophilia and his company’s post at the meeting: Updated Positive Interim Data from Its Phase 2/3 Study of Marzeptacog Alfa (Activated) in Individuals with Hemophilia A or B with Inhibitors.
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes Overview and Personalized Prediction Model for Patients
Aziz Nazha, MD of Cleveland Clinic sat down with CheckRare to provide an overview of myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS), a group of blood disorders characterized by abnormal development of blood cells within the bone marrow.
- Phase 3 Trial Initiated to Evaluate Treatment for Dermatomyositis
A Phase 3 trial to investigate lenabasum as a potential treatment for dermatomyositis, a rare and often fatal multisystem inflammatory autoimmune disease affecting muscle and skin, have been initiated by Corbus Pharmaceuticals.
- Venclexta Data Positive for AML
Rod Humerickhouse, MD, PhD, asset strategy leader at AbbVie discusses some of the Venclexta (Venetoclax) data presented at this year’s 60th American Society of Hematology’s 2018 annual meeting in San Diego.
- iPATH Study: Key Biomarkers That Affect Bleeding Patterns, Response to Treatment for Hemophilia A
Peter Turecek, Global Medical Affairs, Shire, discusses the Irish Personalised Approach to the Treatment of Haemophilia (iPATH) study, an ongoing collaboration investigating new personalized treatment approaches by tailoring care based on the needs of individual patients.
- New Treatment Option for Primary Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis
Michael Jordan, MD, a physician-scientist in the division of Bone Marrow Transplantation and Immune Deficiency at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center HLH Center of Excellence, discusses primary hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) and the phase 2/3 clinical trial presented at the American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting in San Diego.
- American Society of Hematology Conference Coverage
This year’s American Society of Hematology (ASH) 2018 Annual Meeting was held on December 1-4 in San Diego, California. Physicians, researchers, and health care professionals learned about the latest advances in the treatment of blood cancers and blood …
- Checkmate 436: Two-Drug Combo Shows Promise for Primary Mediastinal Large B-cell Lymphoma
According to investigators from the CheckMate 436 trial, Nivolumab plus brentuximab vedotin may be a new treatment option for patients with relapsed/refractory primary mediastinal large B-cell lymphoma (PMBCL).