Heather Lau, MD, Director, Lysosomal Storage Disease Program at NYU Langone Health, provides an overview of how to manage a person with Gaucher disease during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Gaucher disease is a genetic disorder in which glucocerebroside accumulates in cells and certain organs. The disorder is characterized by bruising, fatigue, anemia, low blood platelet count and enlargement of the liver and spleen.
Many Gaucher disease symptoms, comorbidities, and treatment options can complicate how these patients are managed during the current pandemic. In this webinar, Dr. Lau explains the:
- Multisystemic manifestations of COVID-19
- Impact of COVID-19 on Gaucher
- Impact of COVID-19 on access to therapy
- Exposure to COVID-19. What to do?
- Ethical considerations of COVID-19 in Gaucher disease patients