COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data (“Personal Data”) is generally defined as information that, by itself or in combination with other information, may be able to identify you or could reasonably be associated with you, your household or your accounts.
We may collect Personal Data from Users who voluntarily provide such information in a variety of ways on or through the Sites, Social Platforms, and/or other Services. For example, Users may be asked for Personal Data including:
- Contact Information such as your name, practice name, phone number, email address or mailing address.
- Professional Information like your practice name, office address, other business information or national provider identifier (NPI) number, area of expertise, and the professional education courses and other resources you use, attend or participate in through the Services.
CheckRare may collect some of your contact information and professional information from pharmaceutical companies that provide us with physician level data (“PLD”), which we then use to track the content you listen to and/or view on or through the Services. The pharmaceutical companies that provide us with your PLD may receive professional information about any CheckRare courses you attend or other Services you use as a result of this process. This exchange of PLD and other professional information may result in you receiving advertising content that is based on the CheckRare content you listen to and/or view, and other Services you use.
Users can always refuse to supply Personal Data, except that doing so may prevent Users from engaging in certain activities or content related to the Services.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We may associate Non-Personal Information with Personal Information and upon doing so such information will become Personal Information.
- Registration. When you register to become a member of CheckRare, we request certain Personal Information from you such as your name and email address, zip code, profession, and occupation/ specialty.
- Sponsored Programs: When you use the Services you may be presented with advertisements and informational programs (“Sponsored Programs”), in each case consisting of content selected by third party sponsors, including pharmaceutical companies. All advertisements and Sponsored Programs (including any links to Sponsored Programs) will be identified to you by the label Advertisement, Information from Industry, Sponsored, or some similar designation indicating that the content has been selected by a third-party sponsor.
- Continuing Medical Education. When you participate in a Continuing Medical Education (CME) or a Continuing Education (CE) activity made available to you through CheckRare, you may be asked to provide Personal Information as required by that particular activity.
- Additional Forms: From time to time we may offer you the opportunity to receive additional information or services from us or from third parties. If you wish to receive such information, you may be asked to provide additional Personal Information to fulfill the request.
NOTE TO USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
The information on this website, its databases, and the contents are copyrighted by CheckRare. No part of the CheckRare web site, databases, or the contents may be copied in any way, including but not limited to the following: electronically downloading, storing in a retrieval system, or redistributing for any commercial purposes without the express written permission of CheckRare. Permission is hereby granted to print one hard copy of the information on an individual disease for your personal use, provided that such content is in no way modified, and the credit for the source (CheckRare) and CheckRare’s copyright notice are included on the printed copy. Any other electronic reproduction or other printed versions is strictly prohibited. Information and documents available from this server is protected under the U. S. and foreign copyright laws. Permission to reproduce these documents is required.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
CheckRare does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes, or services. The views expressed in written materials or publications do not necessarily reflect the official policies of CheckRare; nor does mention by trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by CheckRare.