Eric T. Wong, MD, Associate Professor at Harvard Medical School discusses some of the reasons that a patient will be interested in participating in a clinical trial, especially one involving a rare disease.
Some of the reasons include:
- No treatment is currently available
- Current treatment is not effective
- Current treatment has intolerable side effects
- A desire to advance our understanding of a disease
- Gain access to newer treatments
To learn more about rare disease clinical trials, and receive continuing medical education credit, go to checkrare.com/learning-center/p-rare-disease-clinical-trials/